Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Executive Decision......

So I have been trying to get into better shape, that was my goal for this year. I joined a gym (it helps that it is minutes from my house). And have been thinking about signing up for a 5k. Well my friend Kelly (we were neighbors w/her parents and she taught me how to drive-poor thing) asked me if I wanted to do the Avon Walk (40miles for breast cancer) next May up in Boston. After a couple of days of thinking..can I really do this? Do I want to do this? I have decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I am really excited yet extremely nervous at the same time. I mean the first day is literally a marathon (26.3 miles). Right now I am walking between 3-3.5 miles an hr, I figure if I can work up to at least 4miles an hr I could finish day 1 in about 7hrs-assuming I can keep the pace up. We will be doing 5ks and 10ks periodically throughout the next 7mos. I am hoping I will be able to do the Marine Corps 10k which is on 10/31 this year (I don't think I will be ready to do the Army 10 miler this year but I am shooting for next year and who knows maybe I will walk to the Marine Corps Marathon next year :)).
So not only will I be working nights, going to school on Mondays and Thursday, waiting anxiously for David to come home (hopefully in November) I will be adding training for a 40mile walk. I think I need to go get my head examined what do you think :)

Please light a candle, say a prayer, etc for me. I am determined to do this. This will be happening 5/14-5/15/2011....right around the same time I will be finishing up my Associates Degree (will probably miss my graduation ceremony-but I am okay with it, I will have another once I am done with my bachelor's degree). I am thinking I will need to reward myself once this is done. Any ideas? I am leaning towards a cruise or beach vacation (IE:Caribbean or Hawaii) :).

No comments:

Post a Comment