Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last weekend..

So my dad and I headed down to Quantico to go to the MCX (Marine Corps Exchange) and to the USMC Museum. I wanted to get a camelback for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer that I am doing next May and I was shocked at the prices that they were charging out in town. Oh how I miss the exchange. I got a camelback that was originally $150+ for about half and there is no sales tax, super excited. I wanted to get it now so when my long training walks come up I can get used to it.
After we were done shopping we headed over the museum. I love that museum. I took over 150+ pictures and am still trying to figure out my camera, once I do I will load some up here and on facebook too. It was all done so nicely, def got a lump in my throat as I was walking through it. One of my favorite parts was getting to "land on Iwo Jima" They have a "ride" that will take you through what the Marines went through and saw. Its actual footage from the ships.
You can also go eat at Tun Tavern (where the Marine Corps was founded) or go through the mess hall. If you ever get a chance take it. I could spend many more hours there.

No comments:

Post a Comment